God has called us to be more than 'just' Christians. He has called us to be Disciples. A Disciple is a diligent follower and learner. If is all about seeking after God with passion in every area of our lives... To love God with all our heart, with all our mind and with all our strength.
Purpose : The purpose of Calvary 201 is to build up the body of Christ through discipleship and to equip leaders for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:11-15, 2 Timothy 2:2).
Goal : The four-fold Goal of Calvary 201 is to (1) impart the vision of Calvary Chapel Oceanside, (2) teach you how to study God’s Word, (3) equip you for discipleship, and (4) help you develop leadership skills.
Our Commitment, Your Commitment : The Pastoral staff is 100% committed to be prepared and dedicated to assist you in your own spiritual growth. We ask you to be 100% prepared and dedicated to your own personal growth as well.
Course Application and Preparation : Each student is expected to complete and submit the Calvary 201 Application to the church office no later than two (2) weeks prior to course start date. You will be expected to begin reading The Calvary Road by Roy Hession prior to the first class meeting. (See Syllabus)
Course Description :
- Calvary 201 is a structured six (6) month course consisting of 4 tracks (see Syllabus).
- Calvary 201 will be offered two (2) times each year. Reading requirements for Calvary 201 consists of 4 books and discipleship materials (see Syllabus).
- Book reading and written book reports are due on deadline at beginning of class (see Syllabus).
- Calvary 201 requires a minimum of 30-hours of ministry service. Depending on the area of service, you may be required to be fingerprinted for the purpose of a background check. Advisors will assist students with completing this process when required. Responsibility for scheduling service hours rests on the shoulders of the student and must be signed off by the ministry supervisor and the student’s advisor prior to course completion (see General Worksheet).
- Class meetings for Calvary 201 will be held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday every month. All meetings are from 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm. Assignments will be collected and attendance will be taken each class. (Please Note: Miss 1 Class = Nothing, Miss 2 Classes = Warning, Miss 3 Classes = Automatically dropped from Calvary 201 unless waived at the discretion of the student’s Advisor). The student is expected to obtain an MP3 recording of missed class (see Advisor).
- Calvary 201 will conclude with Final Comprehensive Review on the last day of the course.
- Students are required to meet their Covering Advisor at a minimum of three (3) times during duration of the course. Responsibility for scheduling meetings is the responsibility of the student. Covering Advisors will be assigned to students by staff and the student will be notified at the first class meeting.
- Completion Certificate will be awarded to student during weekend service pending completion of the General Worksheet, Ministry Hours Worksheet, and Final Comprehensive Review, all 3 must be signed off by Advisor.